Friday, February 5, 2010

Literary recount

The main features of a literary recount are:

Orientation
Events
Conclusion

A literary recount may contain personal opinions.

Here is an example:

Dear Mum and Dad,

I finally got a photo of a Koel. At first I didn't know if it was an adult or a juvenile but when I looked up the Field Guide I realised it had to have a black cap to be an adult. Another give away was the brown eyes. The eyes would be red if it was grown up. At least I could tell it wasn't a male because they are black all over.

Do you know what's really amazing about Koels? They lay eggs in another bird's nest and that poor bird has to raise the chicks! Mostly the Koel chicks are bigger than the parent feeding them. Imagine how much human babies would need to be fed if they were bigger than the adults? That would be crazy!

Anyway, the bird I saw was in a low bracnch. It was being fed by a Red Wattlebird. It was very exciting to watch and even better to get a photo of it.

Love Me

Return to HOW TO BLOG